[jmwardiya] Lofty (and hopefully some reasonable) Goals! Jan 4, 2018 3:05:54 GMT -5
Post by jmwardiya on Jan 4, 2018 3:05:54 GMT -5
Hi! My name's Jasmine (known as remi in fanfiction circles). I found this place in december last year, but figured starting a new year fresh would work better so here I am! My main goals are CONSISTENCY and PROGRESS, because I have a tendency to start a lot of things that don't wind up getting anywhere in a reasonable amount of time because I get swept up with university, fanfiction or real life commitments or general health/wellbeing, and then wind up starting afresh instead of continuing what I already have (either because of system issues, just forgot about it/where I put it, I've lost the momentum, or I've gone into edit mode). So a goal of writing x words a month should help with the consistency, as well as a community instead of trudging along alone.
2018 Goal: 180,000
I've picked 180k because that pans out to 15k per month, which means about two full writing days a week if everything else fails (aka the weekend which will cease to consistently exist next year so I better make use of it while I still have it.) This is purely for my original writing, because if I combine it with fanfiction, fanfiction winds up taking precedence due to habit and ease, so I'm nipping that issue in the bud straight away. Also necessarily anticipating NaNo/Camp because that depends on exam/other uni dates so we'll see what's happening closer to the time.
And now, my...
Lofty (and hopefully some reasonable) Goals!
- write a poem a week for my blog (prompts from CreativeTalentsUnleashed or PoetsOnThePage)
- participate in NaPo in April
- participate in July CampNaNo with an original piece (length dependent on exam/assignment dates)
- participate in OctPo in October
- participate in NaNo (if no exams in November/early December)
- finish first draft of Chasing Immortality
- finish first draft of moonflank
- finish first draft of Boarded House
- work on a long novel (one of the sporadic WIPs, or maybe start from scratch - we'll see!)
- finish some of the in progress poetry collections
- submit at least one flash/short prose piece a month
- submit at least one poem a month
- reduce number of works in progress
- reduce challenges in progress
- get challenges/comps/events etc. down to the point where I can get some time off without running into deadlines
- (I have a more detailed - unachievable but still good guidelines - list up on FFN so I won't rehash it all here)
- write a blog post once a fortnight - book reviews, updates, resources I've found, writing topics etc.
- do a book review a month
- be more active on social media/aka. network some
- do some podfics - namely because everybody's telling me to speak clearly, so what better way to practice?
- graduate medicine - this one is #1 because it's been eight years coming
- exercise regularly and drop my weight to about 54kg
learn how to drive enough that I just need someone in the front seat for legal purposes, not because I legit can't manage on my own
- earn some money through odd submissions, articles etc. - hopefully enough to publish my first novel once it's finished and edited and I'm satisfied with it, but this might be overly optimistic